Robocallers have brought us into an age where every phone call is screened. If you’re calling someone and you’re not in their contacts, they probably won’t answer it. Attestation from a STIR-SHAKEN provider will verify that your number is legit and not created by spoofing a number similar to yours.
Prescott-Martini, LLC can help you find an effective STIR-SHAKEN provider with this list of three things you should know about STIR-SHAKEN partners.
Why is STIR-SHAKEN attestation important?
With the mandate of the TRACED Act (Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence) in early 2020, the FCC put the responsibility on telecom companies to combat robocall and scam callers. While your telecom company might not be providing the latest in deterrent technology, Prescott-Martini, LLC does with STIR-SHAKEN. Our technology has been developed with over 150 years of combined experience within our ranks. Your number will be verified with our multi-step process that includes:
- Accepting the call’s origin number through the MySQL data link.
- Adding a “verified caller ID” from our ANI inventory. This can include any or all of your existing ANIs ported to our CLEC.
- Producing a Service Provider signature certificate that has been generated but the national STIR-SHAKEN admin. This is also accepted by every major telephone carrier in the US.
- Returning MySQL data to you to be inserted into your call SIP header. You can also add, edit, or delete any ANI in your account.
- Upon receipt of the call, the person will see a “Caller Verified” message on their phone’s caller ID screen. However, the message could be different from a B or C level token.
This certification validates the handoff of calls that pass through a web of networks created by telecom companies.
How do STIR-SHAKEN providers block robocalls?
Something to keep in mind about STIR-SHAKEN providers is that not all STIR-SHAKEN providers will design their service to block and drop incoming robocalls and scammers. Rather, the technology is designed to help identify robo and scam calls. If an incoming call is not verified, you can be certain that it’s a scammer and the number can be blocked going forward.
That being said, Prescott-Martini, LLC provides STIR-SHAKEN services that will send a call for termination with the either carrier.
What is considered FCC compliant with the TRACED Act?
Calls that travel through an interconnected web of phone networks need to have their caller ID “signed” as legitimate. STIR-SHAKEN providers perform this service in order to properly perform a digital handoff of phone calls. Ultimately, this allows the receiver of a call to verify that the call is coming from the number that is displayed.
Combat scammers and robocallers with a proven STIR-SHAKEN provider. At Prescott-Martini, LLC, we have set ourselves apart from the rest of the industry as a best-in-class telephone call security company. Learn more about our patent-pending technology to help telecom customers block unwanted robocallers.
Contact us today using our online form to learn more about how we can help you be compliant with the FCC and the TRACED Act.